These forums are archived

See this post for further info

get_iplayer forums

Forum archived. Posting disabled.

Deleting downloaded radio shows

user-1366

So a complete Newbie question, I've downloaded get_iplayer and downloaded some radio shows to my hard disk on laptop, how do I delete shows in my pvr list, says I can use delete tab, but when I check the box to delete it does nothing.....

Thxs in advance

user-2

You need to click the Delete button after selecting the programmes you wish to delete.

user-1366

What I was asking

, probably didn't explain very well. I'm using the get iplayer program, I have told it what series I want to record..on the the record tab I think it calls it pvr recordings, I want to delete some episodes, that it has already recorded, it says u can delete anything u have already recorded, well I do the tick box and then click delete tab, but it comes back and says it has not deleted Those programs......this list is just going to get bigger if I can't delete old episodes of radio shows....hope u can can help, getting confused...

user-2

Do the old downloads actually exist on disk, in the original locations to which they were downloaded? You will get "no files deleted" messages if the files have been moved or have already been deleted.

user-1366

ive moved them into folders within the same directory that get_iplayer uses (c:\users\home\desktop\iplayerrecordings.

should i move them back out of the folders to be able to delete the listing on Get_iplayer recordings tab....?

tried moving out of the folders i created.....this then deletes them from my laptop, completely, i was hoping to just be able to delete on the recordings tab......thxs

user-2

That doesn't make sense. Merely moving files around on your computer doesn't delete them from the system, so there is something you left out. It doesn't matter, though. Not to belabour the obvious, but if you don't move the files after download you can delete them in the Web PVR Manager just like any other user. If you want to use a different output directory for your recordings so you don't have to move them yourself, that is covered in the Help page.

Normally, an entry in the recording history without a file would appear dimmed, but it looks like that was broken in the last release. You can still tell if the associated file was deleted or moved because the Actions column will be empty.

These forums are archived

See this post for further info